The History of the Eastern Ottawa Community Family Health Team 2005-2018
The EOFCHT grew out of a collaborative effort among 5 community resource centers in Eastern Ottawa to establish a community health center.
- In 2001, consultants were hired to develop needs and assessments.
- 2003 - Joint Application to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
- 2005 - A request to the MOHLTC; in April the Family Health Team is announced; in June the incorporation of the Eastern Ottawa Health Center is completed and in July the governance model is developed with a consultant.
- January 2007 – EOFCHT holds its first AGM. The working committee ceases to exist, and the board becomes a legal entity responsible for the implementation of the services.
- Fall 2007 - Official opening of two clinics - Orleans and Ogilvie.
- March 2009 - Opening of the temporary site on McArthur, pending the opening of the Overbrook-Forbes Clinic.
- Fall 2009 - Overbrook-Forbes Clinic officially opens adjacent to the Overbrook-Forbes Community Resource Center.
- February 2010 - Submission of the first proposed business plan for the Vanier Clinic. Funding is not finally available for this new clinic.
- April 2014 - Application for a capital project to match the Ogilvie and Orleans clinics.
- February 2016 - Approval of the capital project to amalgamate the two Orleans and Ogilvie clinics. The move is scheduled for the end of August 2016.
- October 2016 - Officially moved to 1811 boul. St. Joseph.