Are you diabetic?
The Diabetes Education Program of The Eastern Ottawa Family Health team is a proud associate of the Ottawa Central Diabetes. This program is suitable for anyone diagnosed with diabetes. A specialized team of a registered nurse and a dietician provides education and support to adults and their family suffering from prediabetes or Type 2 diabetes.
The services provided are:
- Patient education on diabetes during an individual session
- Diabetes management
- Awareness and support when striving towards objectives
If interested, ask your health practitioner to refer you or contact 613-590-0533 at extension 206.
Already registered to our Program?
Bring the following items with you to your follow-up appointments:
- Blood sugar log book;
- Updated list of your medication;
- Results of your last blood pressure readings;
- Blood work, 1 to 2 weeks prior the appointment;
- Take your blood sugar regularly in the week before your appointment;
- Do a food journal, the last 3 days before your appointment;